Community & Political Organizer
The Minneapolis Regional Labor Federation, AFL-CIO, representing union members in the seven-county west metro area, is seeking to hire a Community & Political Organizer.
The Community & Political Organizer will work under the direction of the President of the Minneapolis Regional Labor Federation (MRLF) and the Political Director as assigned. S/he will lead efforts to build coalitions with unions, non-profit organizations and progressive community partners. In addition, s/he will be responsible for carrying out local strategies for electing Labor-endorsed candidates to federal, state, county and city offices, and assisting with local issue-orientated educational programs for union members.
• 1-2 years of demonstrated success in a leadership role with a labor or political organization.
• Ability to initiate and lead grassroots campaigns with union members.
• Ability to work with diverse groups in coalition.
• Self-direction and initiative to create and move regional political program, and manage multiple ongoing projects at once.
• Flexibility to work long and irregular hours, including weekends and evenings.
• Background in political action and legislative strategy.
• Experience working with Minnesota’s non-profit community and/or progressive allies.
• Knowledge of Minnesota’s labor unions and labor movement.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of maintaining and using political data and databases.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references by Monday, December 10, 2012 to MRLF President Bill McCarthy at email@example.com and copy Political Director Chelsie Glaubitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download PDF of job announcement
back to top