The Minneapolis Regional Labor Federation seeks 2 field organizers to implement our Labor 2012 voter contact program. This full-time position is temporary and is expected to run from June 1st through November 24th. This position is a critical part of our mobilizing efforts in the North and South suburban metro communities. Field organizers will implement the field program in specific districts. This primarily includes recruiting volunteers and staffing daily voter contact shifts.
Candidate must be willing to work nights and weekends. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Dental and health insurance provided. This position will report to the Political Director and other staff in the political department as assigned.
• Engage, develop and train volunteers
• Organize and run phone banks and doorknocks on a day to day basis
• Participate in voter contact activities: phoning and doorknocking
• Track and report data
• Assist with organizing public events and community meetings
• One election cycle of community or political organizing experience
• Proven success in recruiting and engaging volunteers
• Reliable transportation
• Detail oriented
• Highly motivated, creative and flexible
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Minnesota’s Labor community
• Experience using the VAN
• Experience using an Auto-Dialer
• Experience managing volunteer programs
Send resume, cover letter and three professional references to Bill McCarthy, email@example.com with subject line “Field Organizer” by Friday, June 8, 2012. Positions open until filled.
back to top